Epignosis is an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills, ready to take on high technological challenges and make an impact on thousands of users. Epignosis engineers not only revolutionize eLearning, they constantly work on large-scale applications and eLearning services for thousands of customers around the world. From eFront to TalentLMS and then TalentCards, Epignosis engineers are providing exciting eLearning experiences to the users, one technological achievement after another.
We’re looking for a talented iOS Engineer to help take our mobile offerings to the next level, and help us build new innovative mobile training solutions. In our Athens-based mobile development unit, you'll work as part of a vibrant, focused and technically-minded team responsible for developing and supporting high traffic and high-performance eLearning services and applications.
Our belief system
We believe in democratizing eLearning by providing high-end, affordable eLearning solutions to thousands of users worldwide. We are big supporters of Uncle Bob’s Clean Architecture, Reactive Extensions and all kinds of automated testing, on all platforms. We believe in building a strong architecture for everything we do and appreciate investing time on infrastructure in the present to maximize application and code quality and save time in the future. We are against re-inventing the wheel, but we also try not to overuse external code.
Α few open-source technologies that we do use and hope you have used (or at least heard of) as well include the following: AFNetworking, Alamofire, Auto Layout, ConstraintLayout, Mantle, Moya, OkHttp, Quick, Realm, Retrofit, RxCocoa, RxJava, Sourcery.
- Development. You’ll be working on (and eventually leading) the design and development of advanced native applications for the iOS platform. Symbian knowledge not required.
- Collaboration. You'll work with cross-functional teams to come up with innovative solutions and see them all the way through development and shipping.
- Bug fixing. You'll be helping to diagnose and fix application bugs, and you’ll be tasked with refactoring existing code (for the better, of course).
- Performance engineering. You’ll be asked to use your profiling prowess to identify performance bottlenecks and come up with algorithms and techniques to improve application speed and overcome the limitations of the mobile devices.
- Process engineering. You will contribute to researching, evaluating, and proposing new technologies and workflows to maximize development efficiency.
- Mad skillz. Strong OO design and programming skills in Swift, Objective-C and/or Java (Kotlin's good, too). Deep familiarity with iOS SDK. Experience with Android, React Native, Ionic or Xamarin would be cewl. Now, if you’ve shipped one or more mobile apps, we definitely want to meet you.
- Mobile savviness. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies. Bonus points if you've written an Augmented Reality app. (Extra bonus points if you still rock a flip phone).
- End-to-end experience. Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle from ideation (if that's a word), to prototyping, development, cross-device testing, release, and update management.
- Agility. The desire to work within an evolving, agile development process. Embrace and exercise the values of Agile software development in your daily work. Experience with SCRUM, Kanban, test-driven iterative development and continuous integration expected.
- Will to collaborate. Team player / critical thinker / problem-solver with a can-do attitude. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bonus points if you have a sense of fashion (or at least avoid wearing socks with sandals).
We’re a diverse group of smart, fun and GIF-loving professionals working in offices around the world, including the U.S., the U.K., Greece, and Cyprus!
Join us, won’t you?
You’ll enjoy benefits that make you more productive at work and contribute to your professional development, including:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Private health insurance plan
- Ticket Restaurant benefits
- Gorgeous office space
- Professional and personal development
- A vibrant working environment full of creative individuals
- ..and balance -- i.e., we go big AND we go home