Media Relations Coordinator
TalentLMS is one of the fastest growing B2B SaaS products in Athens. With over 5,000 customers around the world, 4 million users and 70,000 learning portals, we’re outpacing incumbents and quickly becoming a loved brand in the learning management system (LMS) market.
We're looking for a Media Relations Coordinator to join our growing content marketing team, so, if you're a great communicator and the prospect of building relationships with media, bloggers and social media influencers excites you, we would love to meet you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build Your Rolodex. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to build a large database of bloggers, editors, journalists and other media professionals. There are tools that automate some of this work, but they’re supplementary to rolling up your sleeves and building media lists by hand.
- Reach Out and Touch Someone. Outreach is the core, day-to-day activity in this role. You will email, call, follow, InMail, Tweet, email some more, then email again. You will send new and follow-up pitches every single day, and develop relationships along the way.
- Influence Influencers. Speaking of relationships, you will get to know the missions and motivations of prominent professionals in our market. You’ll harness your creative super powers to uncover win-win opportunities, and see them through to completion.
- "Strategeryze". To stand out from competitors and a myriad of other PR campaigns, you’ll need to be strategic. And that starts with content ideation. You’ll collaborate with our content team to develop ideas and strategies that target specific audiences with specific outcomes in mind.
- Report and Analyze. You will be responsible for measuring the performance of campaigns and our program at large. You’ll track outreach efforts and their impact on links, social shares, traffic and more. You’ll wrangle this data in a spreadsheet and regularly report results.
- Excellent Communicator. We know this is trite, but you must truly have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will send a lot of emails, place the occasional phone call, and perhaps even pen a press brief. This is a must-have. No fudging.
- Fluent in English. You are native or near native in English. You’re comfortable with B2B terms, and the distinctive language of business.
- Extroverted. There are always exceptions to the rule, but people who thrive in this position are outgoing and not afraid to send a “cold” email or phone call. Outreach is the name of this game, and you love to compete by sending more emails or making more calls than anyone else.
- Persistent and Persuasive. Earning media coverage for free is hard work. Sometimes you win by following up; other times persuasion pays off. We’re looking for someone with innate perseverance; someone with a knack for getting others to take action.
- Takes initiative. We don’t want you going rogue, but you will get a fair amount of autonomy. You’re the kind of person who takes action and ownership (instead of waiting to be told what to do).
- Obsessively Organized and Productive. An effective media relations program requires great attention to detail and lots of coordination. If you have a penchant for getting stuff done--maybe you’ve even read the book a few times--we want to hear from you.
TalentLMS is created by Epignosis, headquartered in Athens, Greece. We’re a diverse group of smart, fun, and GIF-loving professionals. We build learning management software to help companies of all sizes deliver corporate training more easily and at a reasonable price. Our portfolio includes TalentLMS, eFront, and TalentCards, and we’re always on the hunt for new ways to solve online training challenges (while providing exceptional service along the way).
You’ll enjoy benefits that make you more productive at work and contribute to your professional development, including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Private health insurance plan
- Ticket Restaurant benefits
- Professional and personal development
- A vibrant working environment full of creative individuals
- ...and balance -- i.e., we go big AND we go home